The Aurora Free Library is seeking a dynamic, creative and flexible part-time employee to join our team.
The candidate will work at the circulation desk and administer programs. The individual will be an organized, creative, and detail-oriented person who can help in assessing community interests and devising and administering programs based on those findings.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Attending to circulation desk duties.
- Working with the Director to design, implement, promote, and assess programming
- Working with the Director to maintain and expand the library’s social media presence
- Assisting in collection development including acquisitions, cataloguing, and weeding
- Planning and conducting visits from local school
- Ability to work independently and as part of a three-person team
- Computer proficiency and ability to create publications
- Ability to author and navigate social media and online platforms
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Southern Cayuga Community
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, squat and stretch above head on a regular basis
- Position will begin between July 15 and August 1, 2021.
- Position is 15-20 hours a week, including some evenings and 2-3 Saturdays/month.
Compensation: Range $15-$20 per hour dependent on experience and/or qualifications
Please send letter of interest, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
Sandra Groth, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately.