December 4, 2019
Dear Library Friend:
As we begin our 121 st year of service to you, we continue to refine our programs,
collections, public space and services.
The response to our recent user survey was excellent and we are delighted to know that
86% of people surveyed have library cards! We also learned some of the features
people are looking for:
- More comfortable chairs – our creaky wood chairs have served us well and are
- Quiet places to read – we are an active place and intend to stay that way – so
make sure you visit our soon to be renovated ‘Old Jail’ in Spring 2020!
So far in 2019 about 4,300 people have come to the library and over 5,000 have
participated in programs! We couldn’t have done it without you. You’ve also helped
- Our first Stuffed Animal Sleepover – the kids loved it.
- The Hub newsletter – people have said “I didn’t know so much was going on!”
- Adult technology programming – learning to use e-resources that are free.
- Our popular movie nights – who doesn’t like a night out at the movies?
- New energy efficient furnaces installed for the library and Morgan Opera House
Thank you again for your continued support through a successful 2019 school ballot
proposition. We appreciate your confidence in us!
This year’s annual appeal will be used for operating expenses for the library and the
Morgan Opera House Committee. Gifts to the Preservation Committee will enable us to
care for our beloved 121-year-old historic building.
We appreciate your continued support of our annual appeal and look forward to working
with you to make 2020 another great year for the Aurora Free Library!
Steve Moolin, President
Aurora Free Library Board of Trustees
Donate Today with a Credit Card
If you’d like your donation to go to either the Aurora Free Library, Morgan Opera House, and/or Preservation Committee, please indicate that in the special instructions.
If you’d like your donation in someone else’s name, please also include that along with their address so that we may thank them.